As we all know too well, it’s January. After winning gold medals in ‘indulgence’ over Christmas, many of us are feeling the pressure to have a healthy January. But don’t make yourselves miserable – exclusively for our readers, our brilliant head chef Braden has come up with a healthy AND tasty recipe to help us all get through January with a smile.
Crunchy English Garden Salad
1 bulb of fennel (save tops if on)
Small bunch of radish
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons of chardonnay vinegar
Handfull of mint
Handful of parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Peel and trim all of the vegetables, then slice everything nice and thin.
2. Place all the prepped veg in a bowl, add a large pinch of salt, pepper and the vinegar, toss and leave to sit for 20-30 mins. This will soften the veg slightly and bring all the flavours together.
3. Before serving finely chop the herbs and add them to the bowl, then add a good amount of olive oil, give it a good toss, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
4. Neatly pile your salad on a plate or bowl, add one last drizzle of oil and scatter the fennel tops over to garnish.
5. Enjoy your healthy January salad!