Today we are launching an exciting competition on Twitter! We have teamed up with the Science Museum and will be giving the lucky winner 4 tickets to Science Museum Live: The Energy Show as well as Afternoon Tea for four at Flemings Mayfair (see below for full Terms & Conditions).
All you need to do is follow @FlemingsMayfair on Twitter and retweet any of our competition messages with the hashtag #smlive.
This summer the Science Museum presents The Energy Show; explosive family theatre for curious minds. The show runs until 31st August in the Science Museum’s new theatre space. We’ve got four tickets (at least one adult and at least one child) for the lucky winner, along with Traditional Afternoon Tea for four at Flemings.
Annabella and Phil, two futuristic science students, race against time to prove their knowledge of energy. With help from virtual lab-assistant, i-nstein, and a steampunk workshop full of gadgets and chemicals, they demonstrate live experiments on stage.
Methane bubbles set alight to make fireballs, liquid nitrogen freezes flowers and hydrogen rockets are fired into the audience. Stand back – theatre just got dangerously exciting!
Later, enjoy a delicious afternoon tea at Flemings, with freshly made sandwiches, light fluffy scones and indulgent petit fours.
What are you waiting for? Get over to Twitter now and retweet for your chance to win! Good luck!
Terms & Conditions1. The “#smlive” promotion run by @FlemingsMayfair is open to UK entrants aged 18 years and over excluding employees of Flemings Hotel and The Science Museum and by entering you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion begins 12:00 on Monday 5 August GMT 2013 and ends at 23.59 on Thursday 8 August 2013
3. To participate in the promotion, entrants must follow @FlemingsMayfair on Twitter and retweet a specifically indicated message from the @FlemingsMayfair Twitter account containing the #smlive hashtag.
4. A user may enter the draw once per day per Twitter account for the duration of the promotion.
5. There is one prize to be won which includes tickets to Science Museum Live: The Energy Show and Traditional Afternoon Tea at Flemings Hotel, Mayfair. Four tickets, including at least one adult and at least one child, to Science Museum Live: The Energy Show at any 11:30 or 13:30 showing until 31st August 2013 (Tuesdays – Sundays). The Energy Show is suitable for children aged 7+. Traditional Afternoon Tea at Flemings Hotel, Mayfair for four people until 31st August 2013. Minimum 48 hours’ notice required for booking The Energy Show and Traditional Afternoon Tea. Afternoon Tea is served at Flemings Mayfair between 14:30-17:00 on weekdays and 13:30-17:00 on weekends. Subject to availability.
6. The winner will be selected from all valid entries received during the promotion using the Random.org service and will be notified via direct message on Twitter within 2 working days of the promotion ending.
7. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners; however, if a winner is not contactable or a prize is not claimed with 2 days of notification, the winner will forfeit their prize and a further winner will be selected from all remaining valid entries (and so on until a winner can be contacted).
8. Purchase is not necessary however internet access is required.
9. By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
10. In the event insufficient entries are received, the Promoter reserves the right to withhold unallocated prizes.
11. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. Prizes are only valid for the date and event stated and no changes are permitted under any circumstance. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
13. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
14. Winners shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
16. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
17. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication or website error.
18. If a winning entry or entrant is deemed not to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the entry or entrant will be discarded and the prize will be allocated to a reserve entrant.
19. By entering the promotion users agree to receive email communication about their progress in the promotion and important messages regarding how to improve their performance, deadlines and results.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. All matters relating to the application and use of it are, in relation to Users in the Republic of Ireland only, governed by Irish law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts, and in relation to all other Users, governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. Promoter: Flemings Hotel Mayfair Limited, 7-12 Half Moon Street, London, W1J 7BH.