Psst! This post has been updated – read our latest post on Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2014
Winter Wonderland Hyde Park is where it’s at for festive fun. Soak up the festive atmosphere in this magical world of ice sculptures, circus acts and yuletide markets.
The Magical Ice Kingdom returns for the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2013. Explore a medieval village and a giants’ forest (beware of the ice trolls!) and then go inside the breathtaking ice castle. You can have a go at the castle’s ice slide and then head to the Ice Bar for a drink. The fantasy world features an ice swan, frozen jumping fish and much more.
Be sure to book your ice-skating session for the Lycamobile Ice Rink. Enjoy a glide around the traditional Victorian Bandstand with twinkling lights, accompanied by live music. If you’re not a confident skater, we recommend taking in the view from the Giant Observation Wheel.
Fun for adults and children alike is Zippos Christmas Circus, marvel at jugglers, clowns, comedy acts and more. Perfect for little ones is Santa Land, where you can visit Santa’s workship, hop aboard the Lego Duplo Santa Express as well as meet the main man himself.
On top of all of this, the Bavarian Village will be serving bratwurst and mulled wine to warm you up, with live music in the area day and night. Peruse the Angels Christmas & Yuletide Markets and bag some unusual handmade Christmas gifts.
Winter Wonderland Hyde park really does have something for everyone, and whatever your age it’s sure to get you in the Christmassy mood. If you’re looking for somewhere to stay, our London hotel near Hyde Park is just down the road from Hyde Park – check out our London hotel Christmas offer which includes a festive cocktail in our bar and late check-out.
“Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park is a fairy-light-filled fantasy land.” Vogue, 2012
Need to know:
- Friday 22nd November 2013 to Sunday, 5th January 2014 (closed on Christmas Day)
- 10am to 10pm every day (on 22nd November 2013 only – opens at 5pm)
- Free entry to Winter Wonderland
- Ticket prices for attractions:
- Ice Skating £14.50 (adult), £9.50 (child), £38 (family), £13.50 (cons)
- Zippos Circus £11.50 (adult), £8.00 (child), £32 (family), £10.50 (cons)
- Magical Ice Kingdom £9.00 (adult), £7 (child), £28 (family), £8 (cons)
- Big Wheel £8.00 (adult), £6 (child), £24 (family), £7 (cons), £45 (private pod), £60 (VIP)