The Virgin Money London Marathon is almost here! Whether you are running or cheering from the sides, Flemings has some great tips to get the most out of the 26.2 miles of the Marathon.
For the runners:
- By now you should have all your running gear prepared and ready for the big day.
- Ensure that you arrive well before the start of the race by planning your trip into London or book a stay at one of London’s luxury hotels such as Flemings.
- Use this week to get some rest and plan your meals so that you get enough carbohydrates.
- Ensure you peak physical condition by eating healthy (more veggies and less fat) and staying hydrated.
- Download the official runners guide.
For the spectators:
- Plan the best spots to cheer on the runners with the London Marathon Interactive Map.
- Secure your place at Mile 13 for a chance to get close to the action as the course doubles back.
- See some of the famous London landmarks at Mile 6.
- Enjoy the party atmosphere at Mile 2 in South London on this flat part of the course.
- Download the London Marathon 2014 spectators guide from the official website.
- Make sure you dress appropriately for the weather and pack light so that you can get around to see all the best parts of the marathon.
The Virgin Money London Marathon is on Sunday April 13 2014 and the race start times are as follows:
08:55 – The Virgin Money London Wheelchair Marathon for Men & Women – Blue Start.
09:00 – IPC Athletics Marathon World Cup – Blue Start.
09:15 – The Virgin Money London Marathon for Elite Women – Blue Start.
10:00 – The Virgin Money London Marathon Mass Start – Blue, Red & Green Starts. Elite Men and the UK Athletics and England Athletics Championships for Men and Women – Blue Start.