Mayfair is known for everything luxury. It is one of the most affluent places in the world with the finest restaurants, bars and hotels.
Shopping in Mayfair is just exquisite. From Designer shops to boutiques you are guaranteed to find the perfect item you are looking for. Fortnum & Mason and Marc By Marc Jacobs are great examples.
As one of the oldest hotels in London we have created a list of 10 Top Mayfair Attractions we believe you should visit:
- Fortnum & Mason – When you visit this internationally recognised department store with an iconic British heritage and royal attachments, you will adore the layout and high-quality range of products on offer.
- Burlington Arcade – Burlington Arcade was originally built as Lord George Cavendish wanted to prevent the public from throwing oyster shells and rubbish over the wall of his home! This is now an upmarket shopping area which is best known for the jewellers and dealers in antique silver. Burlington Arcade also offers a range of clothing, footwear and accessory shops, along with art and antique dealers. Thanks to the partnership with Burlington Arcade our guests will get 10% discount on their products. Another great reason to stay with us!
- Shepherd Market – This area has a lovely village type atmosphere giving you a break from the city bustle. Boutique shops, restaurants and Victorian pubs are popular here. Check the website for all the news.
- Liberty of London – If innovative and eccentric designs are your thing then you will love this quirky and charming department store. If you are a Fleming guest you can get 10%.
- Green Park – Relax in this beautiful Royal Park with great views of Buckingham Palace, the perfect place for a picnic in the sunshine all organise by Flemings Mayfair, 4 star deluxe in the heart of Mayfair. Click here for more info.
- Royal Academy of Arts – At this privately owned academy you will see beautiful pieces of art all under the roof of Burlington House.
- Bond Street – One of the most famous designer shopping streets in the world. The finest brands from Burberry, Louis Vuitton and Tiffany & Co. are what you should be expecting in this area. This also makes a great spot for celebrity spotting!
- Berkeley Square – This square of greenery exists due to an agreement being made in the 18th century that stated the area must not be built on, keeping the green view and forming a relaxed benched area for the public.
- Handel House – If you are a fan of composer George Frideric Handel and his amazing musical contributions then this museum will be a great outing for you. The museum is solely dedicated to his life, work and achievements.
- Carnaby Street – This area came alive in the 60’s. Carnaby is known for regularly holding excellent shopping events, live music gigs and one-off pop-up concepts.
We hope this has given you some inspiration to new attractions you may not have visited before. We would love to hear about your favourite Mayfair attractions, tweet us on @FlemingsMayfair
Enjoy your time in Mayfair!